Author Topic: seat availability on travelnet  (Read 11251 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
seat availability on travelnet
« on: March 04, 2007, 06:16:18 PM »
I'm using my travel priveleges for the first time and am a little bit confused by travelnet. It shows the actual available on the flights that I'm thinking of meal listing for, but when I go to Deltas website and look for those same flights there are often far fewer seats shown as available on the seating charts then were listed as actual available on travelnet. Is actual available what I should be basing my decision on of whether or not to meal list? If a flight for next week shows an actual available of 20 in coach class is it a fairly safe bet that I will make it on that flight? Thanks. -KB (2005/08/19 06:07)

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: seat availability on travelnet
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 06:17:00 PM »
That is a loaded question. Flts can change really fast. And it also depends on how many non-rev's are listed for the flt. A lot of things can change in a week, and a lot of non-rev's can list in a week, and it also depends on the size of the aircraft. I usually look at the flts a week out and I don't list until its a few days out, so you can see that the non rev list can really increase the last few days and depending on your senority will dictate how far up the list you will be. I also have seen flts with 20 seats the day before, and then the next day it has a negative number... So its a crap shoot.... Try and plan, but just realize things change weekly, daily, hourly... IROPS, MISCONNECTS, NO SHOWS, ETC. ETC. GOOD LUCK -GONE FISHING (2006/08/10 10:48)

Kerry

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2010, 06:15:22 AM »
Could someone please explain the relationship of Av in Av/Au(Cap) to the number of seats remaining in the Airport Standby List (before any seats are assigned)?  The Airport SL numbers usually seem to be AV minus any HKs. Are there other factors?

steve

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 08:29:33 PM »
That's not that easy to figure out. It appears that there isn't much relationship -- I believe the av/au numbers are related to the estimates from before the flight, while the standby list remaining numbers show the current unassigned seats on the plane. If you take the available seats on the airport standby list, and subtract the number of HKs (passengers with confirmed tickets but no seat assignment yet), you should have a reasonable idea of the actual remaining seats. Maybe your assumption that the av minus hk on the list equals the shown available seats on the airport list.