Author Topic: I need advice about my buddy pass and getting home  (Read 1411 times)

collegegirl

• View Profile
I need advice about my buddy pass and getting home
« on: November 17, 2010, 03:23:23 AM »
I have a buddy pass that I used to travel to Europe for school.  I have received a lot of legs on this ticket. I traveled from Tulsa to Indiana and out of Chicago to Oklahoma City (because traveling to Tulsa would have closed out the ticket).  I then traveled from Oklahoma City (through ATL) to Amsterdam.

I am on a special program for school and it takes me to different countries. I left Amsterdam and flew a European carrier to Geneva, Switzerland. I have been in Geneva for two months and I want to go home for Christmas.  My ticket is still open, but apparently non-revs cannot fly out of Geneva. My ticket is from Amsterdam to Atlanta.

I wanted to know if anyone had advice about how I can get out of Switzerland on Delta or a neighboring country other than Amsterdam?  Also, my home is Tulsa and I wanted to see if there was a way to travel to Tulsa instead of Atlanta.  I did a little research online and if I independently fly to Amsterdam there is a flight that goes from Amsterdam (through Dallas) to ATL. Do you think it would be possible to end my leg in Dallas and maybe have my family pick me up from Dallas?  Would Delta allow me to check my bags to Dallas instead of all the way to ATL?

Any advice would be very appreciated.  I have a second buddy pass that I have not used, but I was saving it because I still have to travel to London, Beijing and Vienna to complete my program for school.

Thanks,
College Girl

scotfitz

• View Profile
Re: I need advice about my buddy pass and getting home
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 05:53:10 PM »
The AMS-DFW flight is operated by KLM. Delta buddy passes are not valid on KLM.