Author Topic: First class Dress Code  (Read 5641 times)

Lloyd97

• View Profile
First class Dress Code
« on: August 01, 2010, 04:03:39 PM »
Traveling international and I really really want first class. I understand that the dress code is relaxed now so that you can wear jeans and sneakers. But does wearing that style of clothing exclude you from a first class seat? I'm willing to "dress up" to get that first class seat or does it really matter anymore?

nicopern

• View Profile
Re: First class Dress Code
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 10:54:34 AM »
Having traveled First class as a Non- Rev for almost 30 years..my advice to you is to stay away from jeans.
Look like you belong there and your treatment by fellow employees will only been enhanced by your 
willingness to show it... in whatever way you represent the airline as a pass rider. Your riding on privilege
and dressing for a success always helps....let the others be slobs.

chezron

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 08:45:30 AM »
While I agree with the previous poster about dressing respectfully because you are a reflection of the company, this is the official policy copied from another forum:

For those of you who non-rev on DL. Effective April 15, 2007 non rev pax on DL will enjoy a very lenient dress code policy.

Overall appearance should be well-groomed, neat, clean, safe and respectful, from head to toe.
Clothing should be respectful of fellow passengers.
Footwear -- shoes are required unless the pass rider is not able to wear footwear due to a disability or physical condition

Attire previously not acceptable that is now allowed includes shorts, T-shirts, Jeans (in all classes), flip flops, ball caps, tank tops, tattoos, body piercings, and extreme hairstyles.

From the DLNet site,"if the attire is appropriate for a revenue passenger to wear, then a non-revenue passenger can wear the same attire."

One clear benefit for Delta's operations will be the elimination of dress code enforcement from the job description of the CSA allowing them to concentrate their resources on customer service of the fare paying customers.

Think of dressing for the office, and maybe dressing for "casual Friday" (sometimes) you are good to go. I do think it is embarrassing to see nonrevs in shorts, flip flops, and ball caps. Not only are you not respecting Delta, but you are not respecting yourself.

Nathaniel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 10:03:59 PM »
Dress codes varies from place to place. You won't believe, but even in air travel, they also have dress code. Ever since 911, airline travel has become increasingly more difficult. Passengers have had to take off their shoes, submit to full-body scans and pay nagging concealed charges. And many individuals have also been hassled for how they choose to dress. Read more here.